The National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT) has been envisaged as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme to leverage the potential of ICT, in teaching and learning process for the benefit of all the learners in Higher Education Institutions in any time any where mode. This was expected to be a major intervention in enhancing the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in Higher Education by 5 percentage points during the XI Five Year Plan period.
The three cardinal principles of Education Policy viz., access, equity and quality could be served well by providing connectivity to all colleges and universities, providing low cost and affordable access-cum-computing devices to students and teachers and providing high quality e-content free of cost to all learners in the country. NMEICT encompasses all the three elements.
The Mission has two major components:
- providing connectivity, along with provision for access devices, to institutions and learners;
- Content generation.
It seeks to bridge the digital divide, i.e. the gap in the skills to use computing devices for the purpose of teaching and learning among urban and rural teachers/learners in Higher Education domain and empower those, who have hitherto remained untouched by the digital revolution and have not been able to join the mainstream of the knowledge economy. It plans to focus on appropriate pedagogy for e-learning, providing facility of performing experiments through virtual laboratories, on-line testing and certification, on-line availability of teachers to guide and mentor learners, utilization of available Education Satellite (EduSAT) and Direct to Home platforms, training and empowerment of teachers to effectively use the new method of teaching learning etc.
• Aakash For Education - Teachers
(10 Nov - 11 Nov 2012)
• Engineering Thermodynamics - Coordinators
(21 Nov - 23 Nov 2012)
• Engineering Thermodynamics - Teachers
(11 Dec - 21 Dec 2012)
• Research Methods In Educational Technology - Teachers
(02 Feb - 09 Jan 2013)
• Aakash Android Application Programming - Students - Open Courseware
(23 Feb - 03 Mar 2013)
• Database Management Systems - 2013 - Coordinators
(06 May - 10 May 2013)
• Database Management Systems - 2013 - Teachers
(21 May - 31 May 2013)
• Green Building Awareness - Open Courseware
(24 Aug - 24 Aug 2013)